DEADLINE: 14TH MAY, 2021
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF YOUTH AND SPORTS DEVELOPMENT
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR WORK EXPERIENCE PROGRAMME (WEP)
To enhance the employability of Nigerian youth, the Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development has designed the Work Experience Programme (WEP). The WEP is designed to provide paid internship opportunities to at least 2,550 Nigerian youths across different industry sectors as follows:
- Civil Service (Government Agencies)
- Manufacturing (FMCGs, Agriculture, Energy)
- Information Technology (Software & Hardware, Telecommunications)
- Construction (Architecture, Engineering, Surveying)
- Financial (Commercial Banks, Credit Institutions)
- Social Justice (NGOs, Law Firms)
Training: The youth will undergo a 3-month paid internship based on their profile, discipline and location.
The program will take place in multiple locations across all states in the 6 geo-political zones, including the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
Criteria for Selection:
This programme is available to the literate population only. In addition, the following have been set as the basic pre-conditions for selection:
- Applicant must be a Nigerian citizen, male or female between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Must have completed at a University Degree, Ordinary National Diploma (OND) or a National Certificate in Education (NCE)
- Applicant must have, at least one valid means of identification (National Identity card, International Passport, Permanent Voters Card- PVC, Drivers License).
- Ability to communicate fluently in English language.
- Beneficiary should possess the capacity to transfer knowledge, and mentor peers within their immediate environment.
Application closes 2 weeks after the date of this publication.
Application is free and no registration fee is required.