The Project Delivery Office (PDO) of the MSME Survival fund has announced the commencement of the Transport Track of the Artisan/Transport Support Scheme of the grants. This component is officially open to transport operators such as Keke riders, Uber/Taxify riders, Bus drivers, and all individuals working in the transport sector.
The Transport Support Scheme grant is for people whose transport businesses were affected by the pandemic, the FG would disburse N30,000 grant to selected transporter, registration is through the various transport union and association.
According to the PDO, “We will be working with the unions and we are also using this medium to encourage their members to apply for the fund as it would be on first-come, first serve basis,” he said. To qualify for the fund, transporters must be Nigerians with a verifiable Bank Verification Number (BVN), self-employed, and must be registered with a transport association.
SOME LIST OF ACCREDITED TRANSPORT UNION/ASSOCIATION
• National Union Of Road Transport Workers – NURTW
• Nigerian Association of Road Transport Owners – NARTO
• Road Transport Employers Association of Nigeria – RTEAN
• The Association of Commercial Motorcycle Riders Association of Nigeria – ACOMORAN
• Professional E-Hailing Drivers and Private Owners Association – PEPDA
• Ladies on Wheel Association of Nigeria – LOWAN
• Tricycle Owners and Riders Association of Nigeria – TORAN