LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT
LAGOS METROPOLITAN AREA TRANSPORT AUTHORITY (LAMATA)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FOR DESIGN, BUILD, OPERATE MAINTAIN
AND TRANSFER (DBMOT)
DATE: 10TH DECEMBER, 2019
The Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) network is a major component of the Lagos Strategic Transport Master Plan (STMP) which was developed to guide the development of public transport infrastructure and services in Lagos State. The SMTP is a transport plan put together under series of intensive researches, studies and analyses supported by World-Bank for future transportation demands and needs of Lagos State as Nigeria’s commercial and economic hub and one of the world’s fastest growing mega cities.
As part of implementation of the STMP, the LASG is developing an integrated urban transportation networks that includes six (6) rail lines and one (1) monorail known as the Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) network, in support of the long-term strategic goals of the state. The LRMT network is conceived as a viable alternative to road transportation and covers six major corridors of high commuter traffic demand within and beyond the metropolitan Lagos extending to border areas of Ogun state.
The Blue and Red lines are being implemented through LAMATA – the authorized agency of the State and funded by LASG.
The other four (4) rail lines for DBOMT arrangements:
|Item||Name||Route – Alignment||Length (km)||Passenger/Day 2017||Passenger/Day 2032|
|1||Green Line||Marina, Victoria IslandLekki 1. Ajah, Lekki 2,Ogombo, Elepetu. Eluju,Lekki Airport and LekkiFree Trade Zone||68km||495,000||1,021,000|
|2||Purple Line||Redemption Camp.Mowe, Long Bridge,Ishen, Toll Gate, OmoleOgba, Agege,iyana Ipaja, Ishen Osun, Igando, Iba LASU, Okokomaiko and Ojo||60km||549,000||1,311,000|
|3||Yellow Line||Otta, Meiran, Alimosho,Ipaja, Isheri Osun, Ejigbo Mafoluku, Isolo, Surulere, National Theatre||34km||238,000||486,000|
|4||Orange Line||ikeja, Alausa, Magodo.Mie 12, Irawo, ItowoloMajidun-Awori. MajiduuOgolonto, Agric, Ikorodu, Alepadi, Maya, Eligara, Isiwu, Ibere, Imota and Agbowa||48km||378,000||520,000|
The objective is to engage competent and experienced investor to invest in the 4 red lines on a Design Build Operate Maintenance and Transfer model of Private Public-Party ship management.
LAMATA now invites eligible investor to express interest in providing the above services. Interested firms MUST provide sufficient information demonstrating the availability of required qualifications, expertise, relevant experiences and financial capability to perform the services.
Investor may associate to form consortium to enhance their qualification and must provide verifiable evidence of association from all parties.
Interested investors should indicate their interest by providing the following:
• Full name and nationality (Country of registration) of the company and contact person, address, telephone and email address.
• Details of ownership structure of the company.
• Full details of any partners or subcontractors who will form part of bid.
• Examples of similar rail systems implemented, owned/operated around the world especially in developing economies.
• Clearly state the rail line expression is being made
• Evidence of compliance with the Criteria for Short Listing.
• Capacity of $1.5 Billion must be demonstrated.
• Bank reference indicating capacity.
LAMATA will also consider the following criteria during evaluation of the EOI:
• Experience of executing Design, Build, operate, maintain and Transfer (DBOMT) of major public transport systems especially rail.
• Experience in efficiently and safely operating and maintaining urban rail transportation system.
• Capacity to raise financing necessary for the DEBT of major rail transportation system.
• Cash flows and turnover
• Verifiable similar experience and availability of appropriate skills
It is also a prerequisite that the successful parties must demonstrate willingness to abide by Nigerian law and international practice.
Only shortlisted firms/consortia would be contacted and issued
Request for Proposal (RFP), Bidding and other relevant documents
Expressions of interest must be submitted in six (6) copies (one original and five copies) in a sealed envelope clearly marked “Expression of Interest for Design, Build, Operate, Maintain and Transfer of Green/Purple/Yellow/Orange Line” and delivered not later than 5:00pm (1700 hours) Nigerian time on Friday January 3, 2020 to the address below. An electronic version should also be submitted on CD format.
Interested investors may obtain further information at the address below from 8:00am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday.
The Managing Director
Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport Authority (LAMATA)
Km 15, Ikorodu Road, Ketu-Ojota Cloverleaf Interchange,
Ketu, Lagos State, Nigeria
Please note the following: –
1. Investors are allowed to bid for more than one rail concession. However, Expressions of interest for each concession must be submitted separately.
2. Submissions made by e-mail/late submission will be rejected.