NIGERIA LNG LIMITED (NLNG)
INVITATION FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST AND PRE-QUALIFICATION FOR PROVISION OF AIRCRAFT AND ANCILLARY SERVICES FOR NIGERIA LNG LIMITED
Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) requires a vendor for fixed-wing aircraft and provision of ancillary services to support its air transport needs for personnel and freight within Nigeria. NLNG hereby invites Aircraft Operators with experience in providing fixed-wing aircraft and ancillary services to express their interest to participate in the tendering for this service.
SCOPE OF THE SERVICE
The fixed-wing aircraft, will be operated on a dedicated 7 (seven) days per week service to NLNG, transporting the company’s staff, business associates, and freight to and from Lagos, Bonny, Port Harcourt and Abuja. The aircraft should be capable of performing emergency services (including medical evacuation) during the day or at night.
The average number of passengers currently being transported by fixed-wing aircraft per month on the LOS-BNY/PHC route is 2,500, ABV-BNY/PHC route is 750 and PHC-BNY routed 1,100, it is envisaged that future passenger usage may increase by up to 25% between 2020 and 2024 during which period, NLNG proposes the expansion of its production capacity.
Aviation services on Bonny Island will operate from the Finima Airstrip while services for the other locations – Logos, Port Harcourt and Abuja will operate from the Aircraft Operator’s established airport terminals.
The Aircraft Operator will be required to provide ancillary services at their established terminals including but not limited to passenger management services viz ticketing, passenger check-in, and security screening.
In addition to dedicated aircraft, Operators are also invited to express interest in providing on alternative service, using Port Harcourt as a hub, to connect Bonny Island with existing commercial flights to/from Lagos and Abuja.
The following”Functional Specification” stipulates general requirements for the aircraft. Full specification will be included in the Invitation to Tender.
The preferred option is for aircraft with capacity of between 30-50 seats; less than 15yrs from date of manufacture and have strong and verifiable Original Equipment Manufacturer support.
The aircraft must comply with the following minimum specifications;
• Type Certification standards of 14 CFR Part 25 (FAR 25)/EASA CS 25
• Flight Data Monitoring (FDM) system
• Performance-Based Navigation (PBN) capability
COMMENCEMENT AND DURATION
The expected date of commencement of the service is 1st February, 2021 and the duration will be 5 years with an option to extend.
A pre-qualification exercise of interested Aircraft Operators will be carried out and only those successful in the exercise will be invited to provide a competitive tender for this service.
To be considered for pre-qualification, interested companies are required to submit the following mandatory documents.
• Air Operators Certificate (AOC) and Approved Maintenance Organisation Certificate (AMO).
• Audited financial accounts for the last three (3) years and management accounts for the current year.
• Tax Clearance Certificates for the past three (3) years; and Nigerian Tax Registration Number.
• Safety Management System (SMS) manual.
• QA/QC policy and details of the standards to which its QA/QC processes are accredited.
• Description and specification of Aircraft currently owned and operated and /or to be deployed for the service.
• Details of relevant verifiable experience of Regular Public Transport (Air) that contractor has undertaken as main contractor/airline operator over the past five (5) yews.
• Acknowledgment of willingness to undergo NLNG and Third Party audits.
• Any additional information that will enhance the potential of the company.
NLNG is committed to the development of the Nigerian Oil and Gas business in compliance with the Nigerian Content Act 2010 for Nigerian Content Development.
Interested companies shall comply with all the provisions of the Nigerian Content Act that relate to this service and in particular comply with the minimum Nigerian content percentage (%) for the scopes which are covered in the schedule of the act.
Failure to fully comply with the Nigerian Content Act or demonstrate commitment to Nigerian Content Development policy of the Nigerian government shall result in disqualification from bidding for this contract.
As part of their submissions, companies signifying interest by responding to this advertisement shall submit acknowledgement of willingness to comply with the Nigerian Content Act.
GENERAL NIGERIAN CONTENT REQUIREMENTS
Companies responding to this advertisement are required to submit the following in compliance with the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Ad, 2010:
(1) Documentation to demonstrate that the entity is a Nigerian-registered company. Submission of certified true copies of CAC forms 02 and 07 (or its equivalent; CAC 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, etc.) including company Memorandum and Article of Association. All companies shall be Nigerian Indigenous Service Companies having 51% and above Nigerian equity in the shareholding and ownership structure of tenderers legally registered entity in Nigeria by CAMA (Companies and Allied Matters Act).
(2) Evidence of registration with the NCDMB’s NOGIC Joint Qualification System (JOS).
(3) Evidence of registration with the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority and Federal Aviation Authority of Nigeria.
(4) The process and procedure that explain the methodology of how it intends to comply with the requirements of the Nigerian Oil and Gas industry Content Development Act 2010 (Nigerian Content Plan) and how to achieve the set target(s) in the schedule of the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Act, and any targets set by the Board.
(5) Details of the company’s corporate organization’s overall human resources structure (management, supervisors, senior and junior skilled officers, etc.), identifying positions manned/occupied by Nigerian nationals with evidence of type of employment in-country and identifying the positions manned/occupied by other nationals.
(6) Proposed organogram for this work scope populated with nationality, qualification of personnel and years of experience of personnel on the job (attach CV of key finance, operational and technical personnel) including a succession plan in this work scope.
(7) A detailed description of the location of facilities and infrastructure (assets, equipment, technical office, and administrative space, storage, etc.) in Nigeria to support this contract, evidence that 50% of all equipment deployed to work by multinational and international companies are owned by the local subsidiaries.
NLNG will provide Finima Airstrip (Code 3C) which is a non-precision approach private category airstrip in Bonny Island with the following facilities;
• A runway which is 1700m long x 30m wide with 7.5m shoulders and displaced threshold of 300m and 100m at runway 04 and 22 respectively.
• Installed airfield equipment including Precision Approach Path Indicator (PAPI), Automatic Weather Observation System (AWOS), runway fighting and Non-Directional Beacon (NDB).
• An apron for parking up to 4 (four) Code D aircraft.
• A terminal building with space for check-in, passenger and baggage handling, offices and control tower.
• Rescue and Fire Fighting Services (RFFS)
• Aviation Security (AvSec) Services.
There are no workshops, aircraft hangars, fuelling facilities provided by NLNG on Bonny Island or elsewhere.
SUBMISSION OF RESPONSES
Submissions in response to the above requirements shall be completed strictly in accordance with the instructions given in this publication, segregated and arranged in the order indicated.
Failure to submit any of the documents may result in disqualification of the applicant.
The Expression of interest document should be submitted:
In hard copy in a sealed envelope and marked “CONFIDENTIAL Expression of Interest and pre- Qualification for Provision of Aircraft and Ancillary Services for NLNG” to:
The Head, Vendor Management Services,
Nigeria LNG Limited,
In electronic copy in PDF format by e-mail to: email@example.com with “CONFIDENTIAL Expression of Interest and Pre-Qualification of Aircraft and Ancillary Services for NLNG” in the subject line.
The submission in both formats must be received by NLNG not later than FOUR (4) WEEKS from date of this publication (4 September, 2019).
• This is not an invitation to tender. The full tendering procedure will be provided to applicants that are successfully in the pre¬qualification exercise which will be carried out in accordance with NLNG’s relevant procedures.
• Notwithstanding the submission of on Expression of Interest, NLNG is neither committed nor obliged to include any company and/or associated companies, agents or sub-contractors on any bid list or award any form of contract to any company and/or associated companies, agents or sub-contractors.
• This advertisement for Expression of Interest and Pre-qualification shall not be construed as a commitment by NLNG, nor shall it entitle respondents to claim any indemnity from NLNG, its affiliates, and/or any of its shareholders by virtue of having responded to this advertisement.