UBEC Building, No.7 Gwani Street, Wuse Zone 4, P.M.B. 5086, Post Code 900284, Abuja – Nigeria
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR THE ENGAGEMENT OF EXTERNAL AUDIT FIRMS
ADVERT NO: UBEC/PU/EXT AUD/FA/2/17
DEADLINE: Tuesday 23rd April, 2019
The Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC) is a regulatory and Intervention Agency established under the Compulsory and Free Universal Basic Education Act, 2004 to provide Financial Grants to States, Local Governments and other Agencies implementing Universal Basic Education programme nationwide.
UBEC has received Intervention Funds from the Consolidated Revenue Fund (CRF) of the Federal Government for the years 2012 to 2016. Part of these Funds were disbursed to the State Universal Basic Education Boards (SUBEBs) to carry out Basic Education activities at the States, Local Government Council, Community and School levels.
In an effort to ensure transparency and accountability, the Commission is inviting reputable and experienced Audit Firms to express interest in the Audit of the Accounts of the Commission for the Financial Year ended 2018 and Audit of the Funds released to the 36 State Universal Basic Education Boards (SUBEBs) & FCT for the years 2017 – 2018. A complete and reputable Audit firm will also be engaged to consolidate and audit reports from the 36 States and FCT into one National report.
- SUMMARY OF ACTIVITIES TO BE PERFORMED BY THE PROPOSED AUDIT FIRMS
Lot No: 1
Project Title: Audit the UBEC’s Headquarters’ Accounts (2018)
Lot No: 2
Project Title: Auditing the State Universal Basic Education Boards (SUBEBs) intervention funds (2017 – 2018)
Lot No: 3
Project Title: Consolidation of the Audit Reports form the 36 States & FCT into one National Report
Interested firms should submit two (2) bound EoI documents duly signed, paginated, separated by dividers and arranged in the order outlined hereunder:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Forms CAC2 and Form CAC7.
- Evidence of Firm’s Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2015, 2016 & 2017) valid till 31st December, 2018.
- Evidence of current Pension Compliance Certificate valid till 31stDecember, 2018.
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2018.
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2018.
- Evidence of Registration of the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring 30/06/2019 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Universal Basic Education Commission or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
- Evidence of at least three (3) previous similar Engagements executed in the last five (5) years (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018) Attach copies of Engagement letters and job completion certificates
- Evidence of Registration with the Office of the Auditor-General for the Federation and licensed by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) or Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN)
- Evidence of reference from a reputable bank duly addressed to the Executive Secretary UBEC, Abuja
- Evidence of qualified personnel from ICAN, ANAN or such related professional bodies (attach curriculum vitae of key staff duly signed and their Certificates)
- Evidence of registration and current Update with the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria (FRCN)
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a covering/forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Numbers (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the Firm.
- SUBMISSION OF EOI DOCUMENT
Interested firms are to submit two (2) bound of Expression of Interest (EoI) documents separated by dividers and arranged as indicated above. The documents should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to: The Executive Secretary, Universal Basic Education Commission, UBEC Building, 7, Gwani Street, Off IBB Way, Wuse Zone 4, Abuja.
Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should have the name and address of the bidder and drop in the designated Tender in the Procurement Unit, First Floor of UBEC Headquarters Wuse Zone 4, Abuja not later than 12:00 noon on Tuesday 23rd April, 2019.
The EoI documents will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00 noon on Tuesday 23rd April in UBEC’s Conference Hall, First Floor, 7, Gwani Street, Off IBB Way, Wuse Zone 4, Abuja in the presence of bidders or their representatives. Please ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register in the Procurement Unit, as the Universal Basic Education Commission will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids. Further clarifications can be obtained from the Procurement Unit between the hours of 10:00am and 2:00pm (Monday to Friday).
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- EoI must be in English Language and signed by an official authorized by the bidder;
- EoI submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned unopened;
- All shortlisted bidders will be contacted at a later date for collection of Request for Proposal;
- Result of Shortlisting will be duly pasted on our notice boards and on our website (www.ubeconline.com) two weeks after the close of submission. No other communication of the result of shortlisted firms will be made outside our Notice Board and Website;
- The Universal Basic Education Commission is not bound to shortlist any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.
Universal Basic Education Commission