STERLING OIL EXPLORATION AND ENERGY PRODUCTION COMPANY LIMITED (STERLING)
OPERATOR OF THE ONSHORE BLOCKS OML 143, OML
146, OPL 2005, OPL 2006 & OPL 2004 PSC
TENDER OPPORTUNITY: FOR PROVISION OF MWD, LWD AND DIRECTIONAL DRILLING SERVICES FOR BLOCK OML 143, OML 146, OPL 2005, OPL 2006 & OPL 2004 (NIPEX TENDER NO. 1000004408 (PREVIOUSLY TENDER NO. 1000004249)
Sterling Oil Exploration and Energy Production Company Limited (SEEPCO), Sterling Global Oil Resources Limited (SGORL), Sterling Exploration Limited (SEL), Sterling International Resources Limited (SIRL) and Sterling Global Exploration and Production Limited (SGEPL) under the group of companies herein referred to as “STERLING” plans to engage the services of qualified service provider(s) for provision of various services for Sterling PSC Blocks i.e. OML 143, OML146, OPL 2005, OPL 2006 & OPL 2004 and invites interested and pre-qualified vendors with relevant experience and capacity for technical tendering opportunity for the Onshore Drilling Campaign in OML 143, OML146, OPL 2005, OPL 2006 & OPL 2004. The work is expected to commence in third quarter of 2020. The work locations shall be within SEEPCO’s areas of operations in the Niger Delta. The estimated primary duration of this contract is two years with an option to extend it for another one year.
2. SCOPE OF WORK/SERVICE REQUIREMENTS:
A) Provision of MWD, LWD and Directional Drilling Services (Tender no: 1000004249) CATEGORY: 3.04.07 (MWD/LWD Services) & 3.04.21 (Directional Drilling Services)
Vendor shall be able to provide following services for drilling vertical, deviated, horizontal and side track wells.
● All equipment including but not limited to perform directional drilling (mud motors, Rotary Steerable Systems, Stabilisers, etc.) to drill to requested inclination and azimuth.
● Qualified directional drillers and MWD-LWD engineers.
● Software and hardware for survey data management, well planning, anti-collision scanning, BHA behaviour prediction, torque and drag calculations and hydraulic calculations.
● Measurement while drilling (MWD) tools and services (inclination, azimuth, tool face, gamma ray etc).
● Logging while Drilling (LWD) tools and services (gamma ray, resistivity, density, neutron, sonic, formation pressure while drilling etc).
● Complete set of North seeking Gyro equipment and other deviation monitoring equipment like MSS, EMS etc.
● Look ahead tools and services to drill and log horizontal reservoir sections, reservoir modeling.
● Facilities for real time data transfer to Lagos/any other base.
● Qualified Gyro Surveyors.
● To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested Bidders are required to be pre-qualified in the Product/service Category (as mentioned against each tender under Sl. No. 2 ‘Scope of Work/Service Requirements’ above) in Nipex Joint Qualification System (NJQS) database. All successfully prequalified Bidders in above category by the Bid close date will receive invitation to technical tender.
● Please note, interested bidders including their sub-contractor(s) shall be required to:
❏ Meet all JQS mandatory requirements to be listed as “PRE-QUALIFIED” for a category in the NJQS database.
❏ Meet all Nigerian Content requirements stated in this advert in their responses to the invitation to technical tender. (Failure to meet the Nigerian Content requirements is a “FATAL FLAW”.)
● To determine if you are pre-qualified and view the product/service category you are listed for:Open http://vendors.nipex-ng.com and access NJQS with your log-in details, click on continue Joint Qualification Scheme tool, click check ‘My Supplier Status’ and then click ‘Supplier Product Group’.
● If you are not listed in a product/service category noted above, and you are registered with DPR to do business for this category, please contact Nipex office No 8/10 Bayo Kuku Road Ikoyi Lagos with your DPR Certificate as evidence for review and necessary update.
● To initiate and complete the JQS prequalification process, access www.nipexnig.com to download the application form, make necessary payments and contact Nipex office for further action.
4. NIGERIAN CONTENT REQUIREMENTS:
Sterling Oil Exploration and Energy Production Company Limited (SEEPCO) is committed to the development of the Nigerian Oil & Gas business in
accordance with the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Act 2010 (NOGICD Act) enacted by the Federal Government of Nigeria in April 2010.
Pursuant to enactment of the NOGICD Act, the minimum Nigerian Content in any project, service or product specification to be executed in the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry shall be consistent with the level set in the schedule of the Act and any other target as may be directed by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB).
Interested bidders shall comply with the provisions of the NOGICD Act and all applicable regulations. Bidders that do not meet the Nigerian Content criterion will not be allowed to participate in next tender stage.
The following are the Nigerian Content requirement bidders are expected to comply with in their technical submission:
● Demonstrate that entity is a Nigerian-registered company with 51% or more Nigerian Shareholding. Submit certified true copies of CAC forms 10, 02 & 07 (or its equivalent; CAC 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, etc) and other evidence of entity’s incorporation, shareholding & ownership structure in Nigeria. Tenderer shall provide evidence of registration on the NCDMB NOGIC JQS and DPR.
● Tenderer shall provide detailed description of the location of in-country committed facilities not limited to administrative office, Technical office equipment, storage, workshops, repair and maintenance facilities for execution of the work scope.
● Provide a project-specific organogram showing Names and Nationalities of all key personnel not limited to Directional Drillers, MWD-LWD engineers etc, that will execute the work scope for this service. For any position to be occupied by Expatriate personnel, tenderer shall commit to obtaining expatriate quota approval from NCDMB before project execution.
● Provide evidence of at least 50% Nigerian ownership of gyroscopic equipment, mud motors, Rotary Steerable Systems, Stabilizers and accessories that would be utilized in the Execution of the work scope.
● Provide Category C NIGERIAN CONTENT EQUIPMENT CERTIFICATE (NCEC) issued by NCDMB in respect of equipment, spares to be deployed in the execution of the work scope.
● Provide a Nigerian Content execution Plan providing a detailed description of the role, work scope, man-hours and responsibilities of all Nigerian companies and personnel that would be involved in executing the work; providedetails of Nigerian Content focal point or manager.
● Contractor must be willing and able to provide evidence of maximization of made in Nigeria goods and services.
● In line with the NCD Human Capacity Development Initiative, Bidder shall commit to providing Project-Specific training, man-hour, budget, skill development and understudy plan for Nigerian personnel utilizing OGTAN registered trainer(s) or other approved NCDMB training institution(s)
5. CLOSE DATE:
Only tenderers who are registered with NJQS Product/Category 3.04.07 MWD/LWD Services & 3.04.21 Directional Drilling Services by 16:00 hours Friday, May 23, 2020 being advert close shall be invited to submit technical bid.
6. Please note the following:
● Suppliers eligible for this tender opportunity are expected to be pre- qualified in NJQS under the specified product/service category.
● The invitation to tender (ITT) and any further progression of this tender shall be via Nipex. Interested bidders are therefore advised to ensure they are set-up in Nipex with a valid and active official company email address accessible by all in their organization as this shall be the only means to transmit the ITT.
● All costs incurred in preparing and processing NJQS prequalification shall be to the contractors’ accounts.
● This advertisement shall neither be construed as any form of commitment on the part of STERLING to award any contract to any company and or associated companies, sub-contractors or agents, nor shall it entitle pre-qualified companies to make claims whatsoever, and/or seek and indemnity from STERLING and or any of its partners by virtue of such companies having been prequalified in NJQS.
● The tendering process shall be the NNPC contracting process requiring pre-qualified companies to submit techno-commercial bids (DET).
● STERLING / NNPC reserve the right to reject any and or all pre-qualified supplier at its sole discretion and at no cost whatsoever.
● STERLING will communicate only with authorized officers of the pre-qualifying companies and NOT through individuals or agents.
Please visit the Nigerian Petroleum Exchange (Nipex) Public Opportunity Portal, www.nipexnig.com for copy of this advertisement and any other required information